Family Photos

My stairwell is full of family photos.  As I crawl slowly up and down the stairs I am reminded of my life.  I see photos of my parents, Norma & Chuck and my God-parents, Aunt Catherine & Uncle Steve.  There is a photo of my mom with her grand-children.  I remember how hard it was to get everyone there for at the same time, all for a Mother's Day gift.  Most of the photos are of my kids.  They range from infants to high school graduation photos.  Many family photos are from the church directory.

As I look at these photos, I think to myself, how did I ever survive being a single mother of four kids under six years old?  I know I didn't do it alone.  I survived because I surrounded myself with family.  I know that I didn't always do what was popular.  Heck, I still don't do what is 'popular'.   But I know that I always did the best I could.

I have learned alot from the mistakes I have made.  I'm not the same person as I was 25 years ago.  I wouldn't want to be that version of me.  I love all of my children very much.  I'm proud of who they have grown into.  I know that they are doing the best they can and that they too, will learn alot from the mistakes they make along the way. I know how hard it is to let them make mistakes.  (My mom & dad let me make alot of mistakes!) I hope they know that I want the best for them.  I hope that they find supportive family and friends, to surround themselves with as they begin to grow their families and fill their walls with memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?