Day Three


I didn't realize that recovery from surgery is related to how good of shape or health your body is in prior to your surgery.  I thought that I was in pretty good health.  What I've learned is that I was fooling myself.  I'm not as strong as I think.

You see, I am using crutches.  That means my hands and arms are helping to move my body weight.  When I see the callouses on the meat of my hands and they hurt!  Also, my right leg is now doing the work of two and it is letting me know that it doesn't like the extra work. As I scoot myself up and down the 14 stairs in my house that lead me to the bathroom, my triceps are aching!

So, I've decided that I need the knee scooter now - for home, not just for work as I thought.  I've also learned to take it slower and that ice is my friend.  So, I'll lie here on the couch, prop my foot up and rest.  (BTW - that would be following my doctor's order!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!