More Grief

I'm not a good swimmer, but I haven't drowned.

I remember the first time I dove into the pool for exercise.  I was at the Francis Family YMCA and I had decided that I needed to add swimming to my weekly exercise.  I told myself that I had to stay in the pool for 20 minutes or 10 laps (there and backs).  At first, it was the 20 minutes, but soon I was out of there in less than 20.

I changed my plan and committed to 30 minutes of time versus counting laps.  I remember doing four different strokes (breast, right side, left side, and back).  I was a faithful 'swimmer'.  Not that fast but I didn't drown.  I swam for three years until I stopped five years ago.

I stopped because in 2010, the year I turned 50, my house caught fire and I lived with my brother for six months while the damage was repaired.  The stress of it caused be to develop shingles.  I didn't think shingles were a good thing to put in the pool water so I stopped.  After two months, I was out of the habit.

Why am I writing about swimming?  It won't bring Haylee back.  Someday, I'll accept that she's gone.  Until then, perhaps it's time to jump back in the water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?