The Greeter

Oadie!
Last spring, my neighbors announced that they were getting a pot belly pig for a pet. I have to admit, I rolled my eyes and shook my head in disbelief.  'What are they thinking?' I thought.  Why would they want a miniature pig for a pet here in the city?  Add to that, on hot humid days, I could 'smell' the fact that my neighbor had a pig. I was not pleased with their choice.

The hot humid days have passed and the once rather small pet has grown to be three times his size.  His name is Oadie.  Oadie likes to get into the bags of recyclables that were typically placed near the fence of the driveway.  It only took one time of coming home to a yard of cans for my neighbors to learn to place the cans on the other side of the fence.   While annoying to his owner, Oadie was providing me with a little entertainment from the view of his world from my kitchen sink.

My 50 pound dog, Aiden, is quite unsure of Oadie. Aiden runs the fence with the two little (15 lb.) dogs at the back fence. He also runs the side fence with the Oadie's roommate, a 50 pound female boxer/terrier similar to him.  But when Oadie comes to the fence, Aiden walks over, sniffs, and walks away with disinterest.  That doesn't discourage Oadie from greeting each and everyone of us every time we are in the back yard.

He faithfully comes to the fence, snorting vocally for our attention and acknowledgement. He is always calm, placid and seems to be smart! He is the greeter and he makes me smile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!