The Power of Prayer

There are so many different ways to pray.  As many as people on the earth. Everyone has their own way to talk to God...which is what I think prayer is.

When I talk to God, I'm usually asking for guidance, or to look over someone I'm worried about, or sometimes just to thank Him for a good day. Sometimes I yell at God, especially when I don't understand how or why something happened. I think all that matters is that I am talking to Him.

I am praying without ceasing and I never really knew it. The only thing our creator wants from us is a relationship. Prayer is the communication of that relation.  Sometimes, I neglect my relationship with God.  I forget about it. I think I have all I need right here on earth. Then something happens and I am reminded that I don't have it all.

Most of the time, I don't even have it all together. Then it happens, sometimes it is a good thing, like a beautiful morning on the lake, or a bad thing, like waking to a smoke alarm.  Regardless of what it is, it fulfills its purpose when it helps me to talk to God again. It gets me to pray. And my spirit grows stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!