Continuing Compassion



Last week, I wrote about compassion.  I stumbled across this saying "It is lack of love for ourselves that inhibits our compassion toward others.." and I just had to revisit it.

All of my life, I have been called selfish by some people, because I have self love.  I struggle with this as I believe that I was 'born' with happiness.  In fact, the Christmas stocking my mom made me said 'Happy Mary'.  The bible tells us to Love your neighbor as yourself.  So the first step to this is self love.

Believe me, I don't always like myself, but that doesn't mean I don't love me.  I get mad at myself when I do things I shouldn't and then I try to do better.  For the most part, I do my best to communicate my wants and needs to others. Sometimes, other people help me to get those things.  I also try to help others achieve/acquire their wants and needs.  The key to this is communication.

The purpose of human life is to serve, show compassion, and to help others.  One of my favorite songs has always been Barbara Streisand's rendition of People:  People who need people are the luckiest people in the world!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!