Will Advent Help?

As an adult, Christmas has not been my favorite time of year. It seemed to remind me of all I did not have. Somehow I managed to make the best of it and survived. That's just it, I've been surviving the holidays, not enjoying the holidays. I need to do a better job at living Christmas. Raised a Catholic, advent is no stranger to me. Or is it? What does advent mean? What is it to me? Advent is a time for reflection. It is a time to prepare. It is a time for prayer. With my new job, I have more time. I have less stress. What am I doing with this time? Today, I will take a serious look into my advent prayers. Prayers that I've fallen away from. Prayers for peace in our country. Prayers with hope for all good things. Prayers for love. Prayers to renew my faith in a loving God. Dear Jesus, As I enter the advent season, prepare in me a place for you. Use me to be evidence of your life. Use me to help others come to know you. I pray for my children, Derrick, Justine, and Paul, that they always remember the foundation of faith their lives were built on. Just as I am remembering mine. With love, Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!