Putting Away Winter

Putting on the Irish
It's the first weekend in March, time to put away all of the snowmen I decorate with for the winter.  At first, the house looks so bare.  All of those smiling snowmen faces, that make me smile are missing. Looking out the window, the trees are still bare. It's an uncomfortable feeling.

Then I change my point of view, seeing beauty in the bareness.  Simple decorations allow for more space.  Space for thought and imagination.  Space for creativity. Space for prayer and relationship.

I look around at now, I've added a lot of green and family photos. The green gives promise of new life.  The Irish accents remind me of my heritage. And when I look at all of the faces in the photos that I have displayed around the house, it's a pretty good feeling of love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!