Longer Than I Thought


Today was a long day.

What does that mean?  All days have twenty-four hours...

Perspective:  My friend Pat, woke up today to bury her husband of three years.  He was 68 when he died.  She told me yesterday "I just found him!  We didn't have enough time."  His birthday is in two days.

Perspective:  My granddaughter Carly is waiting for her other grandmother to pick her up so that she can visit with her for two weeks.  (Carly has not seen her in over a year.)

Perspective:  I take most Fridays and Mondays off in the summer: creating long weekend/short vacations for myself.  Thursdays are my Fridays...I love Thursdays!

Today is Thursday...it was one of those long weekends/short vacations.  It started off with me packing, saying good bye to Carly who will be visiting the other grandmother for two weeks.  I went to work and then left for the funeral of Terry Bowbly husband to my friend Pat.  I processed to Resurrection Cemetery, where my daughter Haylee remains and friends and family are buried. I visited my cousins, Heather Abrighach and Bishop Bob Donnelly  (2 years gone today) and my good teacher friend Sandi Shinaberry also died in 2014.

Sandi, Pat and I were fabulous friends.  We loved to get away and gamble, relax, drink, and just be.

So when I decided NOT to attend the wake of Terry, at Shawn's Irish Tavern, I decided to go back to work before heading south/west to my short vacation/long weekend at Wawasee IN.    AND it's a good thing I did.   I was needed at work.  The network was down...3rd time this week!  Not because of me nor the tech department...but because of all of the improvements we are making to our campus.

So, I left work around 5:00 p.m....just a couple of hours later than I thought I would when I woke up an hour early this morning to get to work an hour early... During my two and a half hour trip, I saw two white Pontiac Vibes (what Haylee used to drive) and several black Ford Focus (the type of care that hit Haylee)...  BUT when I finally arrived at the lake, I was greeted by my granddaughters and treated to a beer, burger, and a boat ride!  It's been a long day!

Alot longer than I thought!   ... But then ...   Life's Better At the Lake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!